The week beginning the 29th February will be a whole school focus on healthy living. Some of the activities currently being planned include:
- Our annual ‘Charity Day’ which aims to raise money for the ‘Welsh Hearts’ organisation through a range of physical activity exercises. These physical activities include an aerobics workout, a skip-a-thon and a dodgeball tournament! Children will also undertake literacy activities to promote physical exercise.
- Special assembly for children delivered by the ‘Welsh Hearts’ organisation.
- Lessons for all year groups about ‘germs’.
- Lessons for all year groups about ‘e-safety’.
- School nurse talk to Year 3 and 4 about headlice.
- School nurse talk to Year 5 and 6 about personal hygiene.
- Dental nurse talk to Year 3 and 4 on oral hygiene.
- Mindfulness workshops for Year 5 and 6 pupils led by a qualified trainer.
This is in addition to First Aid training for Year 5 pupils which was provided by the police community service.
A letter will be sent home at the end of this week encouraging children to collect sponsorship in support of the Welsh Hearts organisation.