Welcome back to everyone after the summer break. It is great to see all the children rested, enthused, looking smart and ready for the new school year! Welcome to all our new children and their families who have joined our school community. It promises to be a very busy year ahead!
There is a considerable focus on academic achievement at Bedwas Junior School. We are very proud of the high standards in teaching and learning that we provide for our children as well as the development of their spiritual, moral and social education. However, we also pride ourselves in the provision of a broader curriculum, extra- curricular activities and emphasise the importance of the enjoyment of learning and having fun.
Bedwas Junior School Vision Statement
Our vision is to cultivate excellence and enjoyment in learning and teaching, within a stimulating and caring environment, where the achievements of all are celebrated.
To achieve our vision we will:
- create a rich, varied and safe learning environment, both in school and online, where children and staff develop their skills and abilities
- have high expectations in everything we do and gain satisfaction from the success of everyone around us
- enable children to be happy, confident and independent individuals with a positive outlook for the future
- celebrate the diversity of our school community through an inclusive curriculum
- nurture the spiritual, moral, social and physical development of the children
- work in partnership with parents/carers, governors and the wider community
- recognise the links between all aspects of a child’s well being and their ability to learn
- encourage children to respect the ideas, values and feelings of others enabling them to build positive relationships
- facilitate for enrichment opportunities through the language and heritage of Wales.
- provide a creative curriculum which ensures learning is long lasting and supports the development of literacy, numeracy and thinking skills.
- embrace new technologies as a learning and teaching tool in order to raise standards across the whole curriculum