The school council met with Miss Hillier last week to review the previous year’s eco-school action plan and set new targets for the next year.
This year’s objectives are:
- Involve a variety of stakeholders in eco-schools;
- Continue to promote the Eco page on the Hwb;
- Take part in the Active Journeys Programme;
- Ensure school grounds are kept litter free and extend into the local community;
- Develop ways to cut down on waste as a school;
- Monitor and reduce heating/electricity bills;
- Find additional ways to save water;
- Promote healthy lunches throughout the school;
- Develop the back of the school to promote biodiversity;
- Raise awareness of global citizenship.
The full eco-schools action plan alongside last year’s review can be located on the school blog site www.bedwasjunior.com in the page labeled ‘eco schools’.