Your child may be entitled to receive free school meals if you are entitled to receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.
If you pay for your child to have school meals you could save around £580 per year if your child qualifies for free school meals.
If you access free school meals you will also be entitled to a one-off clothing grant of £105 for your child when they are moving from primary school to their first year of secondary school.
Our school will also receive additional funding for every child registered for Free School Meals. This funding must be directly targeted at Free School Meal pupils. This year we have used that additional funding for additional interventions in literacy and numeracy.
If you wish to make enquiries, please complete the online form at http://www.caerphilly.gov.uk or if you are not sure, please contact Catering Services on 01443 864055 (or email email@example.com). A member of the team will be able to advise you.
Parents/carers should be aware that children who receive free school meals are not singled out. The school is very careful to ensure that only appropriate staff are aware of the children who receive free school meals. This information is not shared with anyone else.