Literacy and numeracy workshops for lower school parents will take place on the following dates:
- Thursday 24th November – Year 3/4 Reading and Mathematics workshops for parents – 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Friday 25th November – Year 3/4 Reading and Mathematics workshops for parents (repeat session) – 9:00am – 10:30am
These are intended to inform parents about the content of the literacy and numeracy curriculum, the teaching strategies used in school and advice to support your child at home. This will include:
- Explaining the range of reading skills taught on a weekly basis;
- Providing ideas for reading resources which will challenge all levels of ability;
- Demonstrating strategies which are used to teach addition, subtraction, multiplication and division;
- Suggesting ideas to support children’s numeracy at home.
We hope that these friendly and informative workshops will prove very helpful for parents/carers and will provide plenty of ideas. Parents/carers do not need to worry that they will be required to answer lots of difficult mathematics questions!